Nursing Home Abuse Cases:
Nursing Home Residents have a Bill of Rights guarantee to them to ensure their dignity. When in residence at a home, each of the elder adults and special care individuals are entitled to:
- Reasonable access to health and legal services
- To be transferred or discharged only for medical reasons
- To be free from mental and physical abuse, corporal punishment, seclusion and physical and chemical restraints
- To be treated courteously, fairly and with fullest measure of dignity
- To receive adequate and appropriate healthcare.
Indicators of abuse or neglect are bed sores, fractures, unexplained injuries, falls, malnutrition, unsanitary conditions, weight loss or gain, improper medication, poor staffing and unexpected death. Contact The SOUD Law Firm if you would like to discuss this further with one of our lawyers. If you are not ready to speak with a lawyer, you may want to notify your local sheriff’s office if circumstances warrant, otherwise call the State of Florida’s Abuse Hotline at 1-800-962-2873.